VixenLilly's Switching Thread / Morgan Jan 20, 2017 22:23:07 GMT -5
Post by Heather on Jan 20, 2017 22:23:07 GMT -5
HF Forum Username: VixenLilly
Please confirm that you are 18 years of age or older: I am 26 07/24/1990
1. Where did you first learn about natural diets for ferrets? From one of my friends actually. she pointed me to this forum
2. Please describe the type of diet you would like assistance in switching your ferret(s) to. Be sure to include if you are interested in feeding whole prey (live or frozen-thawed) and if you are wanting to FULLY switch to a natural diet or PARTIALLY. If you are unsure what kind of diet you want to put your ferrets on, please express that and we can help you find the best type of natural diet for your ferret.
I would like to fully switch him to a franken prey diet
3. Why are you interested in switching your ferrets to a natural diet?
its what they were made to eat in the wild.. so why stop him from doing so even though he is a pet? plus its not filled with any of those vegetable fillers and will overall give him a better quality of life I also know exactly what he is eating.
4. Do you understand that switching your ferret to a natural diet can be a lengthy, arduous process? Its not an overnight switch. It requires a commitment of several months at minimum. Your HF Mentor will be more then happy to assist you in switching your ferret(s) to a natural diet, but you need to be equally as committed. The switch takes time and effort every single day. It can also be extremely frustrating at times. If you aren't willing to tough out a potentially lengthy switching process, you have major life changes approaching (baby on the way, moving, starting school, getting married/divorced, etc), or limited time due to work, then it might be a better idea to wait on switching your ferret's diet until you have more time. Are you willing and realistically able to make the necessary time commitment?
Yes I am. I have considered meal prepping as well as the fact that there are times I have to hand feed him to get him to eat his soupie
5. How many ferrets do you currently have? What are their names? Ages? Genders? Do they have any health problems? Are they overweight? Underweight? How long have you had each ferret for?
one his name is Merlin Male 9 months old he weighs about 2lbs no health issues we got him the day before christmas eve 2016
6. What diet do you currently feed your ferrets? (Please include all treats, supplements, etc) Do they already eat some form of soup?
he was eating Natures Variety raw boost up until last night 1/11/2017 when he got his first tasty of soup which he took to. he got his second bit of it this morning. I pulled out 3.3oz so far he has eaten 1.8oz of it after having to hand feed him some
7. Have you ever tried to switch your ferrets to a natural diet in the past? If yes, what happened?
No I have not.. I did not even know of a natural diet.
8. What additional information about yourself or your ferrets would you like to share?
I am a stay at home mom to 3 wonderful kids as well as my fur kids so I have the time to dedicate to this switch which I am very excited to have already started! I am looking forward to (hopefully) the longer years with my best pal Merlin and the many years of fun with him <3
as for my little guy. he is a snuggler! which I just adore to pieces! having a good couple hours of fun and play only to snuggle up with me either at my desk or the couch hehe
9. How often during the week do you have access to a computer?
All day everyday lol
10. Please post a picture of each of your ferrets (if possible).
Hi and welcome to the mentoring program . In a little while your mentor (Morgan), will introduce herself and you can get started on a new adventure in natural ferret care and diets. Please remember to post regularly (daily or as per arranged with your mentor) so that your mentor can assist you move along safely in this adventure. If you experience computer difficulties or are going to be away, please notify your mentor and most of all relax and have fun . Your mentor is here to help you on this journey.