Post by Sherry on Apr 30, 2011 11:46:22 GMT -5
1) No flaming is allowed here for any reason at any time.
2) Keep it clean, this is a family oriented site.
3) Trolls and/or spammers will have their IP address immediately banned.
4) Businesses will not be named unless proof of abuse/negligence is forwarded to administration first. While we do not want ferrets(or other animals) in danger, neither do we want a legitimate business owner to receive massive volumes of hate mail, or worse, have their business adversely affected. Nor do we want ourselves open to lawsuits for libel or slander.
5) We encourage posts containing contact information for ferret knowledgeable vets in your area as this will assist others in finding vets. However, any posts containing a veterinarian's name should not contain negative comments regarding that veterinarian. If a member has a bad experience with a vet, please include the vets name on the forum list for vets and place a note in parentheses with notice that a member may contact you via private message for your subjective feedback, personal recommendations and experiences.
Also, no emails from business entities, individuals or veterinarians may be published on this forum without the written permission of the email author.
6) using curse words/foul language to refer to or describe another member or when addressing another member is prohibited.
7) Photos showing ferrets eating inappropriate foods/treats (coffee, tea, cookies, sugar, candy, soda, cereal, etc) are not allowed on this forum and will be deleted. We are dedicated to promoting HEALTHY diets for ferrets.
8) We will not tolerate individuals who breed their ferrets irresponsibly with no regard to the animals' health and well-being.
9) We will not tolerate individuals who refuse to provide their animals with proper medical care as that is outright neglect and tantamount to abuse.
Note: Individuals participating in the above activities (8 and 9) will be removed from the group, and we reserve the right to do so without warning.
Breaking of these few rules(other than the 3rd one) have the following repercussions:
First offense: Post deleted, and a warning issued.
Second offense: 3 day suspension from forum
Third offense: Account deleted and IP address banned.
If, however, it can be proved, either by evidence, or by lack of response for needed information from a member, to have deliberately slandered a business, the member will be banned immediately.
The administration reserves the right to employ these measures as it sees fit.
If ANY bullying, flaming, or threats are made via private message and the forum administrator/moderators are alerted, the offender will be banned from this forum immediately.
The “Holistic Ferret Forum” shall include the Facebook Group “Holistic Ferrets” as well as the Holistic Ferret Forum website and the previous Holistic Ferret Forum located at Proboards 80.
You may use the Holistic Ferret Forum for lawful purposes only. You may not submit or transmit through the Holistic Ferret Forum any material, or otherwise engage in any conduct that:
A. violates or infringes the rights of others including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or other proprietary rights;
B. is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, or tortious;
C. victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
D. impersonates any person, business or entity, including the Holistic Ferret Forum administrators;
E. contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;
F. encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or that gives rise to civil liability.
In addition, Holistic Ferret Forum urges its members to carefully consider any statements about, or concerning the actions of other organizations, businesses, corporations, individuals, veterinarians (or their staff), suppliers, sellers, and not to make any disparaging or defamatory statements in such regard.
You understand and agree that the opinions expressed by non-administrative members are not necessarily the opinions of the administrators and may or may not be totally accurate. The Holistic Ferret Forum administrators monitor posts for accuracy and safety issues as much as possible. However, the Holistic Ferret Forum does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any of the material posted by users of the Holistic Ferret Forum.
The Holistic Ferret Forum encourages ferret owners to consult with a veterinarian for proper diagnoses and recommendations before using any remedies. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted on the Holistic Ferret Forum will be at your own risk and you agree that the Holistic Ferret Forum, its members, administrators, moderators and mentors are not liable for the results of any actions taken by you based on information contained within this forum. In no way, shape or form is it suggested that any advice given by ferret owners on this forum can replace proper veterinary care and advice! IF YOUR FERRET IS SICK, TAKE HIM/HER TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY!
By publishing material onto the Holistic Ferret Forum, you warrant and represent that you own any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right in such material, or have received permission from the person or entity who owns such rights.
You shall not “copy and paste” on the Holistic Ferret Forum any content protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. You are solely responsible for determining that such material is not protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right.
If you are quoting information from another internet source, you must identify the source of the information and provide a direct link to the original source. If a post from another source is published on this forum, you should provide a link to the direct source with credit to the original author, website, or the original source of the material.
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Holistic Ferret Forum, for any posts you make, for any content you upload, and for any consequences thereof.
You agree that you shall be solely liable and shall indemnify and hold the Holistic Ferret Forum harmless for any and all causes of action and damages resulting from any and all legal actions and/or damages resulting from posts made by you, including but not limited to: defamatory statements made against a business or individual, intentional interference with advantageous business relationships, infringement of copyright, trademark, trade secrets or other proprietary right.
You agree to be responsible for any and all attorneys, fees and costs incurred by the Holistic Ferret Forum in defending any cause of action or any type of claim resulting from any statements or posts made by you on this forum.