terralynneschell Mar 19, 2018 10:20:49 GMT -5
Post by terralynneschell on Mar 19, 2018 10:20:49 GMT -5
HF Forum Username:
Please confirm that you are 18 years of age or older:
37 yrs old Dec 23 1980
1. Where did you first learn about natural diets for ferrets?
I found this site from a Friend that has ferrets
2. Please describe the type of diet you would like assistance in switching your ferret(s) to. Be sure to include if you are interested in feeding whole prey (live or frozen-thawed) and if you are wanting to FULLY switch to a natural diet or PARTIALLY. If you are unsure what kind of diet you want to put your ferrets on, please express that and we can help you find the best type of natural diet for your ferret.
My ferrets are already switched to raw food. Just new at this whole thing and want to make sure Im feeding the right raw food
3. Why are you interested in switching your ferrets to a natural diet?
I want to make sure my ferrets have a healthy long life to live.
4. Do you understand that switching your ferret to a natural diet can be a lengthy, arduous process? Its not an overnight switch. It requires a commitment of several months at minimum. Your HF Mentor will be more then happy to assist you in switching your ferret(s) to a natural diet, but you need to be equally as committed. The switch takes time and effort every single day. It can also be extremely frustrating at times. If you aren't willing to tough out a potentially lengthy switching process, you have major life changes approaching (baby on the way, moving, starting school, getting married/divorced, etc), or limited time due to work, then it might be a better idea to wait on switching your ferret's diet until you have more time. Are you willing and realistically able to make the necessary time commitment?
Im a full time mom that stays at home and have the patience for the process.
5. How many ferrets do you currently have? What are their names? Ages? Genders? Do they have any health problems? If so, what medications are they currently on? Are they overweight? Underweight? How long have you had each ferret for?
I have 2 female ferrets, dont have names right now, they have no health problems whats so ever. they are not overweight, and i have had them 4 weeks now
6. What diet do you currently feed your ferrets? (Please include all treats, supplements, etc) Do they already eat some form of soup?
I have them on raw chicken liver, chicken wingettes, gizzards and hearts, turkey legs and rabbit
7. Have you ever tried to switch your ferrets to a natural diet in the past? If yes, what happened?
already switched when i got them they were on marshells food and in 2 seconds they took the raw
8. What additional information about yourself or your ferrets would you like to share?
Im new to all this and would love some help and have the time to do it cause im a stay at home mom
9. How often during the week do you have access to a computer?
all through the day
10. Please post a picture of each of your ferrets (if possible).
dont know how to download it to my computer
11. Do you have a scale sufficient to measure soup ingredients AND to regularly weigh your ferrets?
my ferrets do not eat soups and yes i can weigh them at anytime
12. Have you met the requirements for this program? Are you at least 18 years of age? Do you have your scale, a place to access meats, hearts, livers, etc?
yes i have met the requirements for this program, im 37, yes a scale
13. Do you understand that if your mentor or an admin recommends seeking veterinary care and you refuse to seek appropriate care you may be dropped from the mentoring program?
yes i do
14. We occasionally have a wait for a Mentor to be available. While you wait we encourage you to get started by creating your own switching thread under Diet Transitions where all of our mentors and members can help you while you wait for your personal mentor. See here --> holisticferret60.proboards.com/board/66/diet-transitions
Read more: holisticferret60.proboards.com/thread/61/sign-mentoring-program#ixzz5ACui7RZv