Libertymjs' Switching Thread / Sherry Apr 12, 2018 23:41:16 GMT -5
Post by Heather on Apr 12, 2018 23:41:16 GMT -5
HFF username: libertymjs
1. Where did you first learn about natural diets for ferrets?
-I feed my dog raw and figured if a ferret is strictly carnivore he should be raw feed aswell
2. Please describe the type of diet you would like assistance in switching your ferret(s) to. Be sure to include if you are interested in feeding whole prey (live or frozen-thawed) and if you are wanting to FULLY switch to a natural diet or PARTIALLY. If you are unsure what kind of diet you want to put your ferrets on, please express that and we can help you find the best type of natural diet for your ferret.
-I want to go full raw just like my dog. Idlike to do whole prey like a mouse as well as DIY chunks of meat
3. Why are you interested in switching your ferrets to a natural diet?
-It's done wonders for my dog and I know it's the healthiest choice for him so they can live as long as possible and be thriving in life
4. Do you understand that switching your ferret to a natural diet can be a lengthy, arduous process? Its not an overnight switch. It requires a commitment of several months at minimum. Your HF Mentor will be more then happy to assist you in switching your ferret(s) to a natural diet, but you need to be equally as committed. The switch takes time and effort every single day. It can also be extremely frustrating at times. If you aren't willing to tough out a potentially lengthy switching process, you have major life changes approaching (baby on the way, moving, starting school, getting married/divorced, etc), or limited time due to work, then it might be a better idea to wait on switching your ferret's diet until you have more time. Are you willing and realistically able to make the necessary time commitment?
-100% I can do prep the same time I do my dogs
5. How many ferrets do you currently have? What are their names? Ages? Genders? Do they have any health problems? If so, what medications are they currently on? Are they overweight? Underweight? How long have you had each ferret for?
-I have 2 ferrets. The older one is a female named murr and she is almost 5 months now (Oct 15) she seems to be at s good weight and no health problems so far. I've had her since 3 months
The younger one is a male named jelly bean and he just turned 3 months (Nov 29) he seems underweight but the vet last check up said he was healthy with no problems so far. I've had him since he just turned 5 weeks old
6. What diet do you currently feed your ferrets? (Please include all treats, supplements, etc) Do they already eat some form of soup?
-They eat Marshall diet and so far I haven't gotten them to eat any treats
7. Have you ever tried to switch your ferrets to a natural diet in the past? If yes, what happened?
-No I have not
8. What additional information about yourself or your ferrets would you like to share?
-They are my first ferrets ever but I was lucky to get such sweet playful ones. I'm also teaching them tricks and they love to play with my dog and go on walks. I have don't this for about 2 months with my dog who is 70lb so I know adding a bit more for my ferrets won't be hard
9. How often during the week do you have access to a computer?
10. Please post a picture of each of your ferrets (if possible).
11. Do you have a scale sufficient to measure soup ingredients AND to regularly weigh your ferrets?
12. Have you met the requirements for this program? Are you at least 18 years of age? Do you have your scale, a place to access meats, hearts, livers, etc?
-I was born Aug 1999 and I have a scale. I also have a huge freezer with all of those things
13. Do you understand that if your mentor or an admin recommends seeking veterinary care and you refuse to seek appropriate care you may be dropped from the mentoring program?
14. We occasionally have a wait for a Mentor to be available. While you wait we encourage you to get started by creating your own switching thread under Diet Transitions where all of our mentors and members can help you while you wait for your personal mentor. holisticferret60.proboards.com
Hi and welcome to the mentoring program. In a little while your mentor (Sherry), will introduce herself and you can get started on a new adventure in natural ferret care and diets. Please remember to post regularly (daily or as per arranged with your mentor) so that your mentor can assist you move along safely in this adventure. If you experience computer difficulties or are going to be away, please notify your mentor and most of all relax and have fun. Your mentor is here to help you on this journey.