No worries and I think you did the right thing by not waiting to switch any longer. You have been doing great and honestly I think you are ready to graduate. Just because you graduate does not mean you lose any of us, we will always be here to support you. It just means we are confident that yuo will feed a well balanced diet and ask for help if you need it! Here is your final quiz 1) Why is heart important in a ferrets diet? 2) Are chicken and cornish game hen basically the same thing or are they different? 3) why should you feed eggs? 4) how many eggs should you feed per ferret per week? 5) If you are feeding 5 whole prey meals a week, how many muscle, bone in and heart and organ meals do you need to feed? 6) What is the recipe for soup?
Post by chuckles45 on Oct 11, 2017 18:40:49 GMT -5
I will always ask questions whenever I need it and we both know each other on FB too so either way I will always ask
Answers: 1) Heart is important because ferrets need a certain amount of Taurine in their bodies in order to survive, without it they could actually die from not getting enough Taurine.
2) They are both the same species of Chicken, just Cornish Game Hens of CGH are raised for the specific use of culling for consumption.
3) Egg helps flush the digestive system and it helps control hairballs
4) 1 egg per ferret during non-shedding season and 2 egg per week during shedding season
5) Less in ounces since basically the ferret(s) are getting the needed nutrients from the whole prey. So then if its 9 meals with Bone in they would now be getting 7 meals with the having 5 whole prey, 1 meal with muscle meat, .5 in heart, and also .5 in organ meat
6) 8oz Raw Chicken Thigh 1oz Raw Chicken Liver (or other raw liver) 1-2oz Raw Chicken Heart or 1oz of other Heart 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of bone meal or crushed egg shell
Yes to everything except the meals one. Here is the link to help you balance without having to figure it out on your own, balancing prey with franken prey I need a menu to send to Heather for approval before you can graduate. It should be in the sunday thru saturday format and if it does not include all of the protiens they eat then you should but a note including all of those at the end also.
Sunday Am- Chicken Wings and Duck Thighs Sunday Pm- 1/2 Turkey and Chicken Liver, and 1/2 Rabbit Brain(from the heads) and some Beef Kidney
That HareToday website is a fun site the little I can get to fit in the freezer is fun, they really seem to enjoy the meats and have chubby bellies, i notice more energy when they have it and sleep more. Of course now they had to be separated because they in season, but i love the sounds of them eating. You should see it, as soon as i put the gloves on they are pacing and bouncing up and down the shelves in their cage all excited lol, especially Drogon, he dooks too
Before I submit the menu to Heather, I would like you to answer this now that you have the link avaialble to you, If you are feeding 4 whole prey meals a week, how many muscle, bone in and heart and organ meals do you need to feed?