1) Wow, you're pickier then we are All poultry counts as different proteins (except chicken & Cornish game hen which are immature chickens). Organs from different animals don't count towards variety - organs are organs.
2) Eggs shells & human grade bonemeal supplement.
4) Dark meats are particularly higher in Taurine then light meat.
5) Correct, too much fat will make for some really gross poops.
6) Correct about defining weights.
Satan is a little chubbers but with kits this is less important, especially since it is winter as well. As long as he can hustle & bustle he's in good shape
Bear is nice little tubesock I've definitely found its boys who are chubbers, rather then females. Although my girl Bear (she's abino), is a bit tubby this winter 😂
Nero looks a little lean, but that may have something to do with not staying still, lol. Weigh him & just keep an eye to make sure he isn't losing weight
8) They can lose/gain up to 40% of their body weight during seasonal changes. It varies huge ferret to ferret as well. Their changes in eating are equally dramatic.
9) Females on avg eat 1-3oz, and males on avg 3-5oz.
Excellent job! They eat well. Friday I will post another lesson.
Post by antismurffette on Jan 22, 2017 23:07:08 GMT -5
They still had quail left over this morning so I'm just gonna give them the ground lamb with hearts. They haven't been able to come out and play the last couple days because of us redecorating and whatnot. So they probably just aren't hungry.
The organ meal should be hearts instead of ground. Are the sardines frozen? Or canned?.... If they are froze then you're all good
The menu looks good & you're babies are eating week, so we can moving to posting 2x/week. (Though you can post as often as you wish). Please ask any questions you may have Wed/Thursday I will post a lesson.