turtlesoup9877 switching thread Oct 27, 2016 20:19:31 GMT -5 via mobile
Post by Deleted on Oct 27, 2016 20:19:31 GMT -5
HF Forum Username: turtlesoup9877
Please confirm that you are 18 years of age or older:
1. Where did you first learn about natural diets for ferrets?
2. Please describe the type of diet you would like assistance in switching your ferret(s) to. Be sure to include if you are interested in feeding whole prey (live or frozen-thawed) and if you are wanting to FULLY switch to a natural diet or PARTIALLY. If you are unsure what kind of diet you want to put your ferrets on, please express that and we can help you find the best type of natural diet for your ferret.
I am not sure the type of natural diet I need to know more. But I am 100% sure I want to feed an all natural diet.
No pork will be in their diet as I do not eat it.
3. Why are you interested in switching your ferrets to a natural diet?
It's the healthiest way to go. I am hoping for a long happy life for the fur babies
4. Do you understand that switching your ferret to a natural diet can be a lengthy, arduous process? Its not an overnight switch. It requires a commitment of several months at minimum. Your HF Mentor will be more then happy to assist you in switching your ferret(s) to a natural diet, but you need to be equally as committed. The switch takes time and effort every single day. It can also be extremely frustrating at times. If you aren't willing to tough out a potentially lengthy switching process, you have major life changes approaching (baby on the way, moving, starting school, getting married/divorced, etc), or limited time due to work, then it might be a better idea to wait on switching your ferret's diet until you have more time. Are you willing and realistically able to make the neccessary time commitment?
5. How many ferrets do you currently have? What are their names? Ages? Genders? Do they have any health problems? Are they overweight? Underweight? How long have you had each ferret for?
I will be getting the ferrets next weekend. One is a boy and one a girl. THEY are 2 years old. They are "normal" size. Maybe a little small
6. What diet do you currently feed your ferrets? (Please include all treats, supplements, etc) Do they already eat some form of soup?
They are currently on walmart ferret food
7. Have you ever tried to switch your ferrets to a natural diet in the past? If yes, what happened?
8. What additional information about yourself or your ferrets would you like to share?
I am a stay at home mom (2 kids 9 and 7) so I feel I have the time needed.
9. How often during the week do you have access to a computer?
10. Please post a picture of each of your ferrets (if possible).
Not possible yet
11. Do you have a scale sufficient to measure soup ingredients AND to regularly weigh your ferrets?
12. Have you met the requirements for this program? Are you at least 18 years of age? Do you have your scale, a place to access meats, hearts, livers, etc?
I am getting a scale this week before I get them. SO yes when I get them I will be 100% ready
Read more: holisticferret60.proboards.com/thread/61/sign-mentoring-program#ixzz4OL14kIRh